The European VitreoRetinal encyclopedia (€Vpedia) is a multimedia encyclopedia. Its goal is
to offer the different ways of practicing in medical & surgical retina with
all the advantages offered by an Internet publication:
- More democratic:each EVRS
member will be allowed to bring its contribution as it is the rule for our
- Continuously updated: when a book is published, it is
- More relevant: articles are presented in a clear
direct and accessible manner which allows easier access to the researched
- Advanced search options: you can obtain either the different
philosophies proposed by different surgeons for a given disease or the comprehensive
philosophies of a given surgeon for various diseases
- More practical: videos enhance drawing or text
explanations each time a practical maneuver is presented
- Interactive: article comments & discussions are
accessible to everyone
- Greater information continuity: hypertext links allow a direct
access to more information as ie to a reference's
You are invited to explore the site and enrich its
content in the EVRS spirit of sharing your experiences.
The articles with
videos and images have been organized in the Firefox environment. Some
dysfunctions can be observed with other systems (ie Internet Explorer). Firefox can be downloaded for free.
If you want to
submit an article, there are two options:
- Click on article submission. An
editor page will offer you the SPIP publication format. You can select
your language in the upper right hand corner. Explanations for technical
writing procedures, downloading figures (with or without legends) and
movies can be found by clicking on the question mark boxes. This requires
some time for a thorough understanding.
editing your article, you will be able to immediately see the result online. However,
the article will not be directly available on EVpedia.
It will be reviewed
and edited in the EVpedia standard format before
- Put your text (in Word and Pdf format), images and movies on a CD or DVD and send
it to EVRS 8 Rue Camille Flammarion 44000 Nantes France
(this is the easiest way for you).